Personal Trainer Certification Course - Hybrid (Virtual lectures + In-person practical skills labs)
Get all the information needed to start an exciting fitness career & become a Certified Personal Trainer. Turn your passion for fitness into a profession with the ONLY IN-PERSON hands-on practical skill labs in the industry.
The scheduled virtual “LIVE” lectures are led by our 5-star teacher each week at a set time. Topics will cover 15 hours on anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, nutrition and more. The in-person practical skill labs each week allow you to role-play and review essential “hands-on skills” to master assessing clients, stretching, warm-ups/cool-downs, exercise analysis and programming design.
The course includes the national test vouchers ($450 value) and extra access to our online video-enhanced CPT course to review lectures and labs at no extra cost! W.I.T.S. 30-hour optional employer internship (Level 2 Certification) helps walk you into jobs that very much value our unique certification. We are all about your success and the tools we give you will help you reach that goal.
15 hours of lecture – 3 hours virtually each week for 5 weeks
15 hours of practical skill labs – 3 hours each week for 5 weeks at a fitness center
1- Written exam – 2 hours
1- Practical skill exam – 30 minutes at a fitness center
Special Note: Successful completion of the course activities and online exam will earn a Certificate of Completion. Passing the national exams will earn a Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer credential so you can work right away.
- Start Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023, through Saturday, June 10, 2023
- Study Weekend- no class- May 27, 2023
- 5 Lectures -Saturdays 9:00 am- 12:00 pm (Online - please ensure your computer has speakers and microphone)
- 5 Hands-On Practical Skills Lab- Saturdays 1 PM - 4:00 PM (in-person at a Fitness Center TBD - dress comfortably)
- National Exam Date – June 17, 2023: written exam 9am-11am, followed by practical exam 12 noon – 5pm.
Required Textbook (not included in course fees):
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Required Textbook: (Sold Separately) Howley, Edward T. and Thompson, Dixie L. 2017. Fitness Professional’s Handbook. 7th Edition. Publisher: Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL. The e-book costs $74 and the cost for the hard cover version is $99, plus $15.95 for shipping, and must be purchased by the student. Amazon Prime also has a rent-a-book set up. Order either version here.
W.I.T.S. is approved by the American Council on Education out of Washington, DC for 3 college credits and is nationally accredited by the NCCA in both written and practical skill exams for national certification. A must for employers in the industry.