It seems like every day there is a news event relating to protectionism, trade wars or increased tarrifs. Importers or potential importers must be aware of both the benefits and risks associated with international transactions.
This Import Basics course will discuss the role of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Learn the basics of importing and import compliance for both small importers and corporations managing the import/export process.
- Best practices and red flags.
- Government agencies having an interest in the importation of goods.
- Cornerstones of all import declarations.
- INCOTERMS vs. payment terms.
- Questions for third party providers
- Risk and cost mitigation
Attendees will gain an awareness of their role in ensuring "informed compliance" as defined by the CBP, how to determine the landed cost of imported foods, duty savings opportunities and resources available to assist in the process.